Skip to main content

Chocolate cream cheese& mixed berries pavlova cake- perfect gluten-free treat for summertime

This summer of New York has sneaked here with no one's attention! I can't believe that it is already mid-May now. (It' officially BBQ season, yay!!!) 

I'm never really into grills, but I love BBQ parties! On a perfectly sunny day, with the perfectly adorable people, just indulge yourself to all the fun games and all the high-calorie yummy goodness  (burgers, sausages, cheese, fruits and of course sweets!! )XD 



Here is what I made- pavlova cake perfect for the BBQ. It is so easy to make, I literally spent no more than 10 minutes preparing the cake base (not including baking time in the oven) and another 10-ish minutes to pipe out the chocolate cream cheese and pile on all the fresh& lovely berries. I used this recipe for the cake. The filling is a 1:1 mixture of whipped cream cheese and melted chocolate . The reason I didn't use whipped cream as most recipes here is only because one of my friend is not tolerant to lactose, but she can eat certain types of cheese.


I love the texture of this cake- crispy as macaroon outside and marshmallowy inside. It actually looks& tastes like some fancy dessert that takes long time to make. So good idea for beginners to trick their friends!


You know the best part about this cake? It is a true gluten-free cake with no need to substitute any ingredient with special gluten-free ones! Perfectly gluten-free with no intention to be so XP

It is also a very versatile recipe- try mix& match, switching the berries here to any fruits you like, adding crunchy goodness like nuts and chocolate nibs, and the light, whipped cream is also a fantastic choice for the filling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First bread in my new kitchen: Thomas Keller's multigrain batard

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Isn't spring the moving season? Yes, to me I guess as I've been moving for two years in a row at this time of year. Sadly I finally moved out from the glorious upper east side of New York after being there for 4 years (can't believe! is it that long already??), to the "humble" Queens.. However, after I moved in, I'm starting to love my neighborhood. There is actually quite a few to explore and to discover (I mean, hmm, restaurant) in Queens. Indeed, I can't just improvise to make a call to order some Chinese food delivered to my door, or walk to the French bakery a few blocks away whenever I want. Luckily I can opt to make my own.  With a good multigrain bread, some jam/spread, slices of good cheese, I am considering myself having a perfect breakfast/brunch. Of course, the world is even better if there is a cup of tea :) Multigrain batards are the most frequently-ordered bread I do in store- they're crust

How to feed A BOYFRIEND when you have no intention to cook

I had almost given up cooking before my boyfriend! I've always been enjoying spending time in the kitchen, but, often time, I just gave in to my laziness. Plus, I had my perfect excuses: 1. I'm a busy phD student; 2. I'm spending most of my "kitchen time" baking. So I'm really used to a rather simple meal plan myself: homemade bread for breakfast, salad for lunch and yogurt for dinner. (I try to balance the protein and starch in it, so, don't worry, I can totally be filled up.) With all my passion (and time), I made bread for myself and cakes for friends. However, all these routine somehow changed when I started to take on the responsibility to feed someone- someone who is an ultimate meat lover, who hates salad (I mean, all the green leaves), who would never join my meal plan. Alas, the game completely changed- only I'm still the lazy girl as I've always been. So I came up with a couple of tricks for the "game": 1. Make it simple

Forever themes of my baking- artisan bread &sourdough

I do bake a lot of cookies, cakes and pastries; I found them extremely useful when I go to parties or simply want to please my foodie friends.   Indeed, I can always find myself a justified excuse to bake. (Once I started to make the first birthday cake for my friend in lab, I unconsciously have set myself into this situation. So, I felt really relieved that I don't need to bake for the next coming birthday- that is my own lol.) But I don't 'consume' many of the sweet stuffs I bake; baking makes me more aware of how good 'calories' taste, so I actually lost some pounds since I started baking XP.  What I do bake for myself all the time are sourdough artisan breads! They have even replaced rice totally to become my staple now. I just enjoy the aroma of grains so much and cannot have enough of those bread! I like to try different recipes of artisan bread, mostly changing the grains and nuts I put into the dough. It's amazing that combination of different g